- Jan 31: Start of MN legislature’s 2022 session
- Feb 1: 2022 precinct caucuses
- Feb 14: Mary Hartnett becomes half-time CEM Executive Director
- Feb. 15: Deadline for new district maps (may be missed)
- Feb. 16: Democracy Talks discussion group (Zoomed)
- Feb. 17: CEM Board meets (Zoom)
Goals & Actions
Hire CEM Executive Director and bookkeeper
February and March Actions
CEM members testify at legislature on bills pertaining to elections
Mary Hartnett Becomes Clean Elections Minnesota’s Executive Director
Clean Elections Minnesota is very pleased to announce that Mary Hartnett will become our first Executive Director, effective February 14, 2022.
2021 State Law Changes to Voting Processes
A recent letter to the Minneapolis Star Tribune questioned the need for Federal voting rights legislation. The system of electing presidents, in the writer’s view, has worked for more than two centuries; “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
Are We Doomed to Have Corrupt Leaders?
Cynicism can be fun…and nothing gives a political cynic more delight than repeating, with a world-weary sigh, a version of Lord Acton’s famous line, “Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” That withering aphorism underlies the title of Brian Klaas’s fourth and most recent book, Corruptible.